Let’s actually dooo.sh/it. Read more...
I’m really proud to announce the inaugural dooo.sh/it Conference, where customer development and lean startups come to life, not where they come to talk. I’m all for dialogue, but I’m sort of over defending the merits of customer development. At this point, I’m already turning words into action, and this is an open invitation for any like-acting individuals to join me.
The biggest difference between dooo.sh/it conference and other lean meetups in Toronto is our emphasis on action, not reflection. We’re all about check points, not philosophy. So here’s how I see it shaping up:
Conference runs every weekend from Big Bang HQ.
- Friday: 5pm - When I go out dancin'
- Saturday: 9am - 6pm (we have a party to go to this weekend)
- Sunday: 9am - 5pm (gotta have some family time)
We’ll kick off each day with team checkpoints. Each team has 10 minutes. I will ask four questions:
- Where are you in the cycle? Problem validation, or solution validation, or both?
- What have you done since last week?
- What have you learned?
- What are you going to do next?
Any remaining time will be devoted to critical questions.
Then guess what? GO TO WORK. If you have validated assumptions - design or build your product. If you don't, get out of the office, go talk with your customers. Go get data.
Learning is the primary objective of this conference, but it’s not about learning lean or customer development. That’s your job. dooo.sh/it conference is about learning from your customers and taking action. And so, here are the prerequisites for attending this event.
There is a limit of five product teams.
- You are actively running customer development for a product you’re building.
- You have read Running Lean by Ash Maurya
- You have created at least one lean canvas for your product
- You have passed the quiz we’re in the process of writing.
EMAIL MAX AT BIGBANGTECHNOLOGY DOT COM if you’re coming over.